stop the press... forget X-3 look at what im doing

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

do u want this

yes
42%
no
58%

Total votes: 36

Stormsong
x3tc

Post by Stormsong » Sat, 23. Apr 05, 15:27

Threads merged and moved to Off Topic.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

nilof
x3

Post by nilof » Sat, 23. Apr 05, 15:46

it could add up to an X game (X4?).

That you can storm the pirate bases and shoot 'em down, special comando
brennan :lol: .

I wana kill some boron personally, not only ship to ship.

And i want to be able to shoot Mi Ton.

And, hey, that game engine could be used t walk capitol ships!

And friendly stations too!.

and, the gun that you see julian carrying all the time?!? why, is it just a toy gun, wht the hell is its use?!!
{someone didn't observe the rules on signature sizes and lost their signature ;) - CBJ}

fegnoid
x3

Post by fegnoid » Sat, 23. Apr 05, 16:00

umm killing boron... yes... mi ton espesialy thats going into the missions definatly
He got owned by a sink....

Griefheart
x3tc

Post by Griefheart » Sat, 23. Apr 05, 17:43

Game engine.. DOS isnt a game engine btw, and VB for game coding is just... crap.

Sorry i just find it extremely difficult to believe that somone who double posts and who cant properly type, spell and punctuate could have the skills nessacary to code a game that would do justice to the X series.

What you have to bear in mind is that..
X-btf = good,
X-t = good,
x2 = good.
Your proposal = not good.

The X series is a game people want to play, with each title improving on the last in some way shape or form, i dont believe you are capable of that.
Its a lonely life being me...

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Sat, 23. Apr 05, 18:27

I think thats a bit unfair.
Ok I agree with some of your points, but, you cant judge someone or something until you see the final product.

When you say you have a game engine how do you mean?
what does it feature and allow? and you didnt answer my questions previously about what the game itself is going to actually be.

fegnoid
x3

Post by fegnoid » Sat, 23. Apr 05, 23:44

ok then i didnt exacly write the engine.. but i know enough about coding to change the one i have... drainy u wanted it features here u are

http://www.ogre3d.org/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=84

EDIT: i dont take credit for any of this.. and to they guy that said dos isnt a game engine ... ITS NOT LIKE I DIDNT KNOW ALREADY..... man im not that stupid... im not stupid at all

ok thats what u wanted now can i finish my story line for it

ok the game is a Fisrst Person Shooter based in the x universe.. as said above...

now u are an argon special oprative.. working two ways.. u can use just about any weapon... and ship any thing..
by two ways i mean ur working for an undergroud terrorist's called the new end...

u begin by fighting your way out of the Agron intelligence agency to get to a ship waiting for u...

thats all ur getting so far

BDStyle
x3tc

Post by BDStyle » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 02:34

I'm going to say good luck.. you will find times when u don't want to complete it but just carry on through till the end if you do do it :)

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 02:42

Maybe you should have a look at the Torque Game Engine published by Garage Games. You can get started very quickly in it, and the guys at Garage Games know a thing or two about indie game development - They're the ones that have helped us (Max Gaming Technologies) release our first title, DH: Lore Invasion (a mecha FPS). Obviously it lets you do more advanced stuff, otherwise we'd never have released :D
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 02:51

YOU worked on DH: Lore??? :o I played that when it first became public! Tho TGE might not be the best for a one-man jobby. And it seems like Orge 3D has a DevPak for Dev-CPP... I think I'll try Orge 3D out then! :D
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

fegnoid
x3

Post by fegnoid » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 17:09

i was going to use torque but i dont have enough cash to use it instead ijm useing ogre couse its free... but back to doing it wish me luck

Return to “Off Topic English”