Renegade ships

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

micha_x3

Renegade ships

Post by micha_x3 » Fri, 14. Jul 23, 18:03

Hello,

im friendly with paranids and teladi, but sometimes my stations in there sectors or trade ships get attack from paranid ships there are hostile. Most times its m3-m7m but sometimes capital. Often i can jump to there and use com to make they friendly again, but sometimes it dont work and i need to kill them. its sucks very hard, because then i get a lot of loose in reputation. i have no clue why this happen. its happen in sector far away from my turrets (have observed that sometimes when my turrets shoots on xenons there hit other ships so this ships gets hostile) so i cant blame my turrets. Also i newer saw a capital from other races (exception xenons) in my sectors.
Anybody know why this ships get hostile?

iXenon

Re: Renegade ships

Post by iXenon » Fri, 14. Jul 23, 18:52

micha_x3 wrote:
Fri, 14. Jul 23, 18:03
No idea, but what should work is just find them, call the captain and say that you are very sorry.

micha_x3

Post by micha_x3 » Fri, 14. Jul 23, 20:30

yeah this is what i do. most time works it. but sometimes not. i had the situation, that i used com to make friendly he agreed, but next moment he was hostile again, gave him no damage or flying missiles or something. just friendly next moment hostile again

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Sat, 15. Jul 23, 04:53

micha_x3 wrote:
Fri, 14. Jul 23, 18:03
Did your reputation (with Paranids) recently switched from Enemy to Friend?
Every time this happens to me, there are atleast one station and some (military) ships somewhere in faction space, that don't get the 'call' about the changed situation and stay red. Only solution I know of is visiting all of thats factions space, hack the stations and apologizing to ships (somethimes more than one try is needed).

'Pacifiing' a subordinated ship will not do if thats leading ship (or station) is still hostile.
Apologizing to the biggest ship (M1, M2 even Orbital Weapons Platforms) will (/should) work for all faction-ships in sector.

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Sat, 15. Jul 23, 11:32

If you've not done so already. You might try doing a global reset of friend/foe settings.

I think it's in the Personal/Advanced/Global commands menu.

micha_x3

Post by micha_x3 » Sat, 15. Jul 23, 12:03

@DanKara have some hostile stations. this can be it. thank u :)

@Martin Head yeah know the global command. use it regulary times, but thank u

micha_x3

Post by micha_x3 » Sat, 15. Jul 23, 14:37

i dont think its the hostile stations. For example i had now a paranid zeus into the sector where iam with my m7m. no hostile stations here. the zeus was whole time friendly. i was in menu to coordinate my empire. then i heard that my ship shoots missiles. i looked the zeus was hostile and my ship shoot on him. so i used com to make him friendly again. no problem he was friendly then. so i keep going with coordinate. around 5-10min later, again my ship shoot missiles to the zeus because the zeus got hostile again. i used com to make him friendly again, no problem he was friendly for the next 5-10minutes. but at 3rd time hostile i cant make him friendly again so i killed him. No other ships, stations, turrets or something else from me into this sector.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 04:49

micha_x3 wrote:
Sat, 15. Jul 23, 14:37
i dont think its the hostile stations. For example i had now a paranid zeus into the sector where iam with my m7m. no hostile stations here. the zeus was whole time friendly. i was in menu to coordinate my empire. then i heard that my ship shoots missiles. i looked the zeus was hostile and my ship shoot on him. so i used com to make him friendly again. no problem he was friendly then. so i keep going with coordinate. around 5-10min later, again my ship shoot missiles to the zeus because the zeus got hostile again. i used com to make him friendly again, no problem he was friendly for the next 5-10minutes. but at 3rd time hostile i cant make him friendly again so i killed him. No other ships, stations, turrets or something else from me into this sector.
My best shot for you....

Aside from adjusting the friend foe settings, and com'ing the hostile ships. Things that can set them hostile to you include; hostile actions by you or other controlled ships of yours in system will turn them hostile. Having contraband of any kind in system will also cause this. Unlawful cargo scans will cause the hostile change. Check the Zeus for "owned" ships. If any of them keep engaging your ships anywhere else, this may be triggering it.

I've had rapid response ships get mad at me in Teladi space for firing on Strong Arms. I've literally gotten them to stand down, then they immediately went to attack one of my Ozias which was sitting idle. They showed neutral at the time they did this behavior. My best guess is that it's the ship your in. Leave sector with it and return in something else the next time it happens. See if it turns hostile again. This may be a bug that is happening.

I once watched a Teladi Rapid Response Peregrine get mad at the split, and spend hours attacking every split ship that entered Ianamus Zura Gamma. It was amusing. And I do mean every split ship.

If any of your ships are using area effect weapons, pay attention to those. This includes Beam weapons. When you group 8 together, they hit a lot of things unintended.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 15:12

I can't remember if it was in TC or AP. But I sometimes had race ships go hostile again after apologizing. It tended to happen soon after I had captured, or claimed a bailed ship.

I suspected that the race ship was targeting the ship when I captured it. And the race ship continued to treat it (and me) as hostile. I used to just get the captured ship and myself ,well away from the hostile race ship. After some time the race ship seemed to forget about it.

So if you've recently captured anything. It might be worth getting it well away, or selling to a shipyard.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”