[7.0 beta 4] Aiming/steering in external view

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Vandragorax
x4

[7.0 beta 4] Aiming/steering in external view

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 6. May 24, 18:19

I'm having trouble with aiming and steering in the external view.

As you can see from this screenshot, to fly at (or shoot) the centre of the gate I have to aim at the 2 white dots (which shows where my guns are aiming) but actually like in first-person mode I should be aiming my steering using the blue crosshair. It's quite disorienting.

I feel like the blue crosshair needs to be removed completely in external view as it's misleading (and isn't used for anything, it just gets in the way). Especially so once we zoom out, and all it does it show us where the middle of the screen is.

Here is me aiming and flying towards the centre of the gate, you can see the blue crosshair is misleading. When I go back to first-person mode, the blue crosshair points at the same place as the white aiming dots.
https://imgur.com/5qU6Vj4.png
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 6. May 24, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked
Admiral of the Fleet.

MageKingS70
x4

Re: [7.0 beta 4] Aiming/steering in external view

Post by MageKingS70 » Thu, 9. May 24, 08:10

Vandragorax wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 18:19
it's misleading (and isn't used for anything, it just gets in the way). Especially so once we zoom out, and all it does it show us where the middle of the screen is.
If you actually have something targeted and in front of you, the crosshair and the aiming dots should both be in the center of the screen. Without anything targeted, or if your target is behind you, the crosshair instead focuses on the space immediately in front of your ship. I wonder if it would be possible to have it instead default to a point infinitely far in front of the ship, but I have no idea how it's implemented under the hood, so that might not be feasible.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”