[HELP] Repeatedly losing Rep with MIN

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alt3rn1ty
x4

[HELP] Repeatedly losing Rep with MIN

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 18. May 24, 11:28

I recently completed the Split missions and sided with Curbs, so now Zyarth went from +28 down to -29.
I mention this in case its related to MIN faction in some way, and because the following problem has only been occurring since doing the Split missions :

Since then I am getting a lot of incidents related to Ministry of Finance MIN, somewhere in the X'verse something is causing me to get Rep loss with MIN due to "Unauthorised Attack"

https://i.imgur.com/wmdGCUe.png

(Once again I wish these damned log reports would mention the sector involved so we get a clue where to study whats going on).

My ships are doing trades with them and keeping the rep up, but the amount of Unauthorised attacks on them is very slowly winning and bringing the rep down.
I dont want it to go further.

As usual with these things I cant determine from the log where the problem is occuring. That in itself is driving me nuts because usually I can find say a faction ship that is in disguise and there lies the problem, but not in this case.

Anyone have any ideas?

That sad little Beep beep boop noise you get with rep loss is driving me crazy.

Edit: Just thought I ought to mention I am using the 7 Beta 5 currently, which was installed prior to starting the Split missions. Throughout my whole game prior to doing the Split missions I have always been friendly with MIN for the last couple of years in this playthrough. I had done the Boron missions, united the Paranid into TRI, and then went on to do the Split missions. After this started, I then went on to complete the Terran missions, during which I noticed the unauthorised attacks on MIN were happening quite frequently.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

ajime
x4

Re: [HELP] Repeatedly losing Rep with MIN

Post by ajime » Sat, 18. May 24, 12:08

MIN usually has a camouflaged courier masking as VIG. this has usually been the source of my problems with them

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 18. May 24, 13:06

I'm +30 with VIG
Here's my Rep details ..
https://i.imgur.com/fXB2kty.png

I like to get to the end game stage achieving as much peace as possible. RHA (Rhak, took over from Zyarth at the end of the Split missions) adopted the bad rep from Zyarth which was a result of having to hit the Zyarth stations for the Curbs. Apart from them, I have so far managed to keep peace with everyone except the Xenon/Kha'ak bad guys. Oh and BUC, who I dont think I can increase rep with after I took the TRI path, lost the mission branch opportunity to turn BUC into DUC, because I didn't blow up the monument.
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

Seeker of Sohnen.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 18. May 24, 13:59

Is it possible that your assets are attacking (or defending against) ZYA assets in the TEL sectors around Fires of Defeat? MIN police the TEL sectors and if neutral to ZYA may take exception to 'attacks' by you on ZYA in TEL space.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 18. May 24, 14:20

It could be something like that (Only .. ZYA are now RHA)

For now I just set up an Alert, for MIN Faction, and "Fights" they are involved in Galaxy wide.
So I'm watching for an alert now which immediately precedes one of my Rep loss messages.
Hopefully I can then zoom into the location and figure out whats going on

Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 19. May 24, 14:09

Alerts are pointing me to places where Min patrol ships have taken hits (hull depleted a bit), I thought maybe one of my L Miners or L Traders may have been giving RHA a few shot across the bows in the same areas .. but none of my ships are in the same areas.
So still clueless.
Thankfully trades with MIN are currently outweighing rep loss, but its going to be a constant thing I think.
The only way I think I can solve it is to try and get friendly with RHA, but thats a near impossible slog.
RHA took over ZYA stations, which were well established and have all got plenty of defence drones, so shooting criminals is near impossible because the drones launch and the stations turrets target me as soon as in range, which just makes things worse.
Its a pain in the butt situation.
The other way of course is to take on MIN as another enemy and say to hell with it, but I dont want to go there.
The game is now frustrating and putting me off.

Seeker of Sohnen.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 19. May 24, 18:39

I made friends with RHA (after siding with the Curbs in the plot) in the more central area along and North of the corridor to the Yaki in Savage Spur. I didn't find it all that hard to do there due to wide separation of RHA stations and few patrols.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 19. May 24, 18:47

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 19. May 24, 18:39
I made friends with RHA (after siding with the Curbs in the plot) in the more central area along and North of the corridor to the Yaki in Savage Spur. I didn't find it all that hard to do there due to wide separation of RHA stations and few patrols.
Going to try that, there are a couple of outskirts sectors with regard to RHA that may not be so well established and give me some criminal activity opportunities.
:thumb_up:

Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 19. May 24, 19:42

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 19. May 24, 18:39
I found a RHA Spice farm in Wretched Skies which is not so trigger happy. Turned off my turrets so they dont create more aggression, and slowly picking off Criminals.
The station does have a few drones but they only trigger if I have a stray shot, so carefully does it.

RHA is now -23, and each criminal is reducing the minus rep by 1. Which is pretty good, last time I tried this I cant remember who it was against but it took 10 criminals just to reduce by 1, which was an awful slow process.

So thanks to your prompt I think I'm on the road to recovery from this mess. Still cant figure who or what is triggering MIN, but I think your right in that RHA Is the key. Its only been happening since hitting the ZYA stations for the Curbs, so being enemies now with RHA I think is the root of the problem. Will see what happens when the rep is good again.

Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 19. May 24, 23:24

.. And it worked. I'm now +1 with RHA, leaving it up to a couple of Heron E Traders doing Advanced Autotrades which are both anchored in the middle of RHA sectors to slowly build up the rep again.
Alert is now deleted.
Random unknown attacks on MIN have ceased.
The X'verse returns to normal.
Thanks Alan, I was getting a bit despondent with the situation.

Seeker of Sohnen.

Jar B
x4

Post by Jar B » Mon, 20. May 24, 12:58

In case you run into the issue again in another playthrough:
  • Set fire authorization to defend only.
  • Set turrets of all ships flying through teladi space to defend.
  • Avoid any military presence of yours in teladi space without close supervision.
This helped me keep rep with MIN up until I had ZYA decimated and all of their sectors taken over.

Casishur
x4

Post by Casishur » Mon, 20. May 24, 13:59

It is attached to a ship of the Ministry of Finance ( The Raven - Prototype, the one you get the prototype from during a plot )
It can disguise itself like the regular pirate ships. But if it is shot down, despite cloaking, the faction reputation is deducted from the Ministry of Finance Plus its cloaked faction (I already had it in 5.0, the betas of 6.0 and beyond. But no longer reported in the 7.0 beta due to lack of public interest...

Since then I've been on the brink of a war with the Ministry of Finance, which would mean its complete extinction in the game...

During the Crisis, I had to upgrade all stations and arm them with turrets, which led to an increased drop in reputation due to unauthorised killing of the Min, because they are cloaked as Vigor Syndicate.
Normally I then go hunting for criminal traffic, which is not working at the moment...
Set fire authorization to defend only.
This works for turrets, but not for defence drones of a station

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
CPU Typ Ryzen 9 3900x
Grafikkarte Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB
Arbeitsspeicher: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard Name/Typ MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Win 10 64 bit

Betty : Autopilot.... hat.... total Versagt.

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/Casishur

PV_
x4

Post by PV_ » Mon, 20. May 24, 20:28

Casishur wrote:
Mon, 20. May 24, 13:59
Since then I've been on the brink of a war with the Ministry of Finance, which would mean its complete extinction in the game...
MIN capable of ordering ships at TEL Shipyard/Wharf, so don't forget to erase TEL as well as any other faction that may provide resource support to the Teladi plots... almost entire universe in fact.

Return to “X4: Foundations”