X4 wont launch from steam

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

balogt
x3

X4 wont launch from steam

Post by balogt » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 07:35

As the title suggests. I installed from steam. Had xrebirth first. Downloaded and steam said was ready to play. When i click play nothing happens and a ctrl alt del to check processes shows nothing egosoft related. Do i need to do something else to get x4 to launch
Thx
Martin

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 07:47

Theres un agly hack to get it to work. But first you have to pull out your computer cord, throw your PC out the window, and wait for about 8 months till your PC grows mold and gets covered in cat pee, then plug it back in and reinstall the game.

Reprisal
x4

Post by Reprisal » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 08:20

Are you talking about X Rebirth? Wrong forum.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 08:22

@ balogt ... Unless you are a voice from the future X4 is not due to be available until 2018.. If you are trying to find the preview streams or any info regarding the X Series just ask here so you can be directed to correct forum.
If you are from the future ,, what date did X4 become available.. :wink:

Kitty
x3tc

Re: X4 wont launch from steam

Post by Kitty » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 08:51

balogt wrote: Do i need to do something else to get x4 to launch
Sure. But it is a secret known by few.
Spoiler
Show
Wait untill the dev team has finished it.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X4 wont launch from steam

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 10:12

balogt wrote:As the title suggests. I installed from steam. Had xrebirth first. Downloaded and steam said was ready to play. When i click play nothing happens and a ctrl alt del to check processes shows nothing egosoft related. Do i need to do something else to get x4 to launch
Thx
Martin
Do you perhaps mean that you've tried to install and run the 4.21 beta for the X Rebirth game?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 14:48

When the OP has decided which X game is involved, please post afresh in the relevant public beta/early access forum, or a Tech Sp forum, and provide the game and system information asked for in the Stickies of those forums.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

balogt
x3

Nope steam says x4

Post by balogt » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 21:53

My steam games section says x4. I presume this is the beta 421. It auto upgraded my xrebirth icon to the x4 one. And as annoying as steam is i cant turn off updates. So it did its thing and i cant launch xrebirth or x4 now. Grantid there is no icon for xrebirth anymore.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 22:12

Egosoft will be in touch with you via PM. Please be prepared to explain to them exactly what you have done in the game settings and in Steam so that they can get you back to playing X Rebirth again.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”