Some tricks I learned :)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omni-Orb
x4

Some tricks I learned :)

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 9. May 24, 13:47

Pressing the quick action menu just as auto docking starts enables the ship to interact with the trade and upgrade menu on stations, a few seconds before it actually activates.

Keeping an Asgard for capture reasons in the moon sector with 20 or more Terran rep enables us to teleport to it and use fly by boarding to capture the Asgard that defends the entrance to the moon sector.
This can be done repeatedly because the Terrans rebuild it pretty quick and its always got max equipment and selling the equipment and then the ship gives us about 100 million Cr.

Using the guidance when it leads to a highway, pressing autopilot just close enough to the highway will connect the ship to the highway even in travel mode (Easier than hitting the highway in travel mode sometimes)

Selling ship equipment and repairing the ship, then selling the ship gives more total Cr than just selling the ship.

When flying a ship with 4-6 weapon slots of torpedos we can use travel drive and launch them if directly facing the target in full speed travel mode (Missiles gain the speed of the ship too) and turn away just before hitting it and keep using flight assist to steer we can destroy capital ships without getting hit. (I find fun in using the Dragon for this) This works especially well with modded weapons that reduce reload time.

The Asgard can use its 13Km main beam weapon while in travel mode and fly by destroy capital ships (Especially good with mods that increase rotation speed)

Sattelite coverage missions can be autopiloted to the middle of and just as the ship stops autopilot or starts turning place an advanced satellite, this usually completes the mission with one satellite however one of these missions will require more even if its completely in the middle.

Scan cargo missions can be solved by buying a cheap trader to buy the ware then sell it and scan the ship.

Using pause is awesome in many situations where one needs to give many orders or save time when multitasking and is essential in a speed run.

Basic Slasher damage mods are awesome for L Beam and M Flak turrets when we get them close to their 100% weapon reload and 50%weapon damage high( Over 30%damage and 70% reaload is good). They are really good on main weapon beam emitters as well. And gives us something to use all the basic weapon mods on.

Engine Rotation Thrust mods are really good on slow turning combat ships like the Asgard. Exceptional Whirlygig can be up to 50% and Basic Twister can be up to 45% it helps the Asgard much in combat because its main beam requires the whole ship to rotate around.

Exceptional Traction Recharge Rate Mod is up to 70% less time before shields starts recharging on S ships and up to 70% more recharge, on ships with many shields like Ares and Shih and others it makes the time to recharge shields with split Mk3 shields down to almost 2.5 sec this makes the ship awesome in combat.

Travel mode high speed towards a capital ship then hit pause and deploy mines, un pause and steer away from the target,
if targeted correctly they explode on the target (50 friend foe mines brings a Xenon K to 7% hull from 100%hull/100%shield). You have to be a certain distance away from the target so the mines get time to activate, i was 15KM away traveling at 5500M/S.
Last edited by Omni-Orb on Thu, 9. May 24, 15:49, edited 2 times in total.
Credence follow stars.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Re: Some tricks I learned :)

Post by rudi_pioneer » Thu, 9. May 24, 14:20

Lots of good stuff, thank you!

I tried torpedo trick but end up slamming into destroyer. Maybe my fighter is too fast?

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 9. May 24, 14:27

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 14:20
Lots of good stuff, thank you!

I tried torpedo trick but end up slamming into destroyer. Maybe my fighter is too fast?
You can launch them like 15-20 km away from the target at high speed. I also slammed into a few destroyers before I corrected. Accuracy and range is key and faster is usually better also to target the ship towards where the target is going to be, the targeting X helps to predict.
Credence follow stars.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 9. May 24, 14:46

Prefer to use boost to get my torpedoes up to speed. Find it's more controllable than using travel drive. I boost towards the target, launch at around 3km (usually giving the target less than a second to do anything about it), then twitch the nose up & boost again to get clear of it's turrets.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 9. May 24, 15:14

A new trick i though of before that i never got to trying that i just confired working is this:
Travel mode high speed towards a capital ship then hit pause and deploy friend foe mines, un pause and steer away from the target,
if targeted correctly they explode on the target (50 friend foe mines brings a Xenon K to 7% hull from 100%hull/100%shield). You have to be a certain distance away from the target so the mines get time to activate, i was 15KM away traveling at 5500M/S.

I added it to the list.
Credence follow stars.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Thu, 9. May 24, 18:50

Too much pausing for me- and I don't teleport. I don't speed run either.
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Fri, 10. May 24, 02:02

7.0 will make the satellite thing pretty obvious - you can see exactly what you'll be covering before you drop them.

Personally, I like trying to cover the space with smaller satellites. It took a little practice to get it right, but advanced sats cost a LOT more than normal satellites.

Great idea with the scan-for-trade-ships thing!
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Bad2DBone
x4

Post by Bad2DBone » Sat, 11. May 24, 06:12

other tips:

buy/sell items 1 at a a time if you want to increase rep (a huge time saver!).

This is incredibly useful as there is no diplomacy so you are stuffed if your own fleet does acciental hits on ships that drop the rep <- a very annoying things in X4.

Return to “X4: Foundations”